Friday, October 17, 2014

Suzuki Samurai How to Oversized Battery for Trail & HHO

Suzuki Samurai How to Oversized Battery for Trail & HHO If you install an oversize battery in a Suzuki Samurai, SJ 413, Jimny, you do want to make sure your use a side-terminal battery because an oversize top terminal battery may short out if it touched the bottom of the hood. i used a group 75 battery, but you may be able to fit in a group 78 side terminal battery for even more reserve battery power. The reason I used a group 75 battery is because I wanted the same sized battery as I use in my other cars. This way if a car needs a battery, I can swap them out temporarily when a situation arises. A Walmart group 75 battery with the 5 year warranty, puts out 550 CCA (cold cranking amps and that is way more than needed for a 1300 cc engine. The price is only $76 and for me is real bargain in having extra battery power. I will be installing an HHO kit on this engine so it will be drawing more amos. It may need a stronger charging system too, but a fresh hi-capacity battery would be smart to do at a minimum when using HHO.

No comments:

Post a Comment